(Note: You can also take an inworld picture instead of a screenshot. Click here for this alternative method).
How to take a screenshot in Microsoft Windows:
1. Find out what key(s) on your keyboard you need to press to take a screenshot. It may be just pressing PrintScreen, PrtScrn, or pressing Fn or Ctrl then pressing PrtScr (or another key).
2. Press the screenshot keyboard shortcut that your keyboard uses to take a screenshot.(On the page that you want to take a screenshot of.)
3. Open Microsoft Paint. To do this, click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint. Click inside the white part of the screen. If you do not have MS Paint, you can use any image editing program.
4. Go to the Edit menu and click Paste or you can press and hold "Ctrl" and tap V. Then you may crop if you like.
Click File > Save As. In the box that pops up, change the "Save As Type" to PNG or JPG. Type in a filename for your image. Choose a place to save, like the Desktop, and click save.
How to take a screenshot in Mac:
1. Hold down the COMMAND [Apple/Clover Leaf] and SHIFT keys
2. Press 3 for a screen shot of the entire screen
3. Press 4 to get a "Crosshairs" so you can select just a section of the screen you want a screenshot for!
4. Press the space bar after you press 4 if you want it to automatically size the screenshot so that it perfectly matches the window it's over. After you press the space bar, a camera icon should come up.
5. Know that the resulting file will be placed on your desktop, named Picture X.pdf for versions of 10.3 or earlier and Picture X.png for 10.4 and later (could also end in .jpg).
Press Esc to cancel.
Windows 7 and up users, please use an application called 'Snipping Tool'.
How to post an Image on forums:
Here are instructions on how to post an image on the Smallworlds Forum from a Free Image Hosting site like TinyPic
Upload your file as detailed below (see image below):
Click Browse and select your image. Then select Upload Now!
You may then be prompted to enter a 'Captcha' phrase or get the 'code' within a short video similar below -
After you have uploaded, the following box (below) will show up. Highlight the url located in the 'Direct Link for Layouts'. Highlight the url, and copy it (right click - copy, or Ctrl C):
Next step is to go to the forum post/thread on the forum where you want to post your image. Click the insert image button - third from right
Right click Paste, or Ctrl P and paste in the link.
Then, click OK. Your image will then appear in your post.
If you want to post an image of your avatar head, you can right-click on the avatar head (which you see in forum), select Copy Image Location, then copy into your post using the insert image button.