* Know what your children are doing online and who they are talking to.
* Consider placing your computer and/or internet-enabled devices in a family room where you can use them together.
* Help your children to understand that they should never give out personal details to online friends. Personal information includes their email address, password, mobile number and any pictures of themselves, their family or friends.
* If your child receives suspicious emails, or emails from people they don’t know, show them how to mark them as spam. Teach them never to open them or respond to them.
* Talk to your children about how they are using the internet.
For more support, advice or to make a report please see the Parents portion of the CEOP website.