This tutorial explains how to have two doors teleport back and forth within your own space. This is very useful when you have a space with enclosed rooms that you need to teleport in and out of.
Portals work in the same way as doors do, so you can use this tutorial for setting up both portals and doors. For how to set up a teleport interaction on an object, refer to the Setting a Teleport Interaction on an Item section of this forum.
1. Make sure your space is shown in the Places Panel, as follows:
Click the wrench next to your space name on the top left of your screen. Choose the Security option. Then make sure the Show in Places Panel box is ticked.
2. Still in the Space Settings window, click on the General option. Then select and Copy the name of your space. (This ensures it is spelled correctly when you search for it in Step 4).
Note that the more unusual your space name is, the easier it will be to find it when you search.
3. Put two doors into your space. One goes into the main space, and one to the space you want to teleport in and out of. Click on the first door, then the wrench. Then choose Settings from the Configure Item menu.
4. Paste the name of your space into the Search Spaces field and press Go. Find your space from those listed, and click on it so it appears in the Linked Spaces panel on the right. Then name your door. I have called this door 'Door One'. Make sure the 'Use Door As Entry Point' box is ticked.
5. Click on the second door and repeat Step 4. Call your second door a different name - I've called it 'Door Two'. In the 'Entry Point In Linked Space' field, click on the arrow to drop down a list of all available Entry Points in your space. Choose Door One. Door Two will now teleport you to Door One.
6. Click back onto Door One. Make sure you have 'Door Two' selected in the 'Entry Point in Linked Space' field. The doors will now teleport you back and forth between them!