If a SmallWorlds citizen is breaking the rules, you can report that citizen to our Moderator team. On-duty Moderators read all reports as they are submitted. Response time depends on how busy they are, but rest assured they will deal with the issue as soon as they can, sometimes within minutes.
When should I Report?
- If another citizen uses obscene, racist, or otherwise vulgar language
- If another citizen talks about, asks for, or simulates sexual acts
- If you know a citizen is cheating or otherwise violating the SmallWorlds Terms of Service
- If a citizen is spamming (repeating the same message over and over)
- If a citizen engages in scamming other citizens
- If a space or mission contains offensive material
- If a citizen states they are under the age of 13
What NOT To Report!
Moderators will NOT respond to reports about the following issues:
1 - being booted from someone's private space
2 - another citizen being mean or unkind to you (If this happens just block them)
3 - a citizen requesting that you be their bf/gf/ mom or dad.
Moderators also won't respond to reports which don't have enough information. It's REALLY important to make sure that your reports have a full description of the problem or issue. Quote where possible. Reports with insufficient information cannot be actioned by the Moderator team. They really want to help you, so please make it easy for them to do so!
What Content is Acceptable in SmallWorlds Private Spaces?
SmallWorlds strives to perfect the balance between the protection of our players and preservation of freedom of expression.
This is a family-friendly world, the minimum age of our players is 13 years. In our public spaces we have a very strict policy on posted content, we actively monitor and remove any content of lewd, offensive or otherwise inappropriate nature.
Generally if content in a private space would be acceptable in a public real-world environment, such as on an advertising billboard or in a normal (non-adult) magazine, we will allow it to remain.
We treat the content in a space as a seperate issue from the behaviour of players.When content is reported our Moderation team will investigate the space and if necessary:
- Remove inappropriate content
- Warn the owner of the space that they are responsible for content and behaviour
- Require the owner to password protect or member-restrict their space
How to Report A Space, Player or Mission
- To report a space, take a snapshot of what you're reporting and click the Report Content button. (Click here for detailed instructions on how to report a space).
- To report a player, click their avatar, then click Manage, then Report. (Click here for detailed instructions on how to report a player).
- To report a mission, click on Active Missions on your toolbar, click on the task of the mission, and then choose Report Mission. (Click here for detailed instructions on how to report a mission).