If you use Google Chrome as your browser, you might be asked to unblock Flash Player to continue playing SmallWorlds. It’s easy to do! Here’s how.
If Google Chrome asks you to allow, install or update Flash when logging into SmallWorlds, click on the link that will pop up.
- If you do have Flash installed, Chrome will ask you to either block or allow it. Make sure you click on Allow.
- If you don’t have Flash installed, you’ll be prompted to download it. Install it and then try logging into SmallWorlds again.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you click ALLOW when you’re asked if you want to run Flash.
Why Is Google Chrome Going To Ask Me About Flash?
Over the next couple of months, Google Chrome is being moved over to HTML5. The change is happening as part of that move. Because SmallWorlds uses Flash Player, you must allow Chrome to run Flash if you want to play SmallWorlds.
What If I Don’t Use Google Chrome?
If you use Firefox, Internet Explorer, or any other web browser other than Google Chrome, then you won’t be asked about Flash and don't need to do anything. :)
What If I Block Flash By Accident?
If you accidentally block Flash Player, you'll need to go into Chrome's settings to unblock Flash:
- In the top right hand corner of your browser window, click the three dots arranged in a vertical position, then click on Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under "Privacy", click Content settings.
- Find the "Flash" section.
- Choose Manage exceptions.
- Type '[*.]smallworlds.com' into the box at the bottom and click "Done".
- Restart Chrome and log in to SmallWorlds.